Please consider donating to our Critical Care fund so we can continue to help each and every Lucky Dog that Comes our way!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Big Fat Canine Adoption Event

What a day! Twenty four (and counting) of my friends got adopted today. It was so much fun getting out and about a little. Soooo many nice people and everybody said "Hi" to me. I think I may have even gotten an application or two. I'm so glad because now that I am finished with my surgeries I can start looking for my forever home too. Although my legs may look a little funny, my future looks pretty good. While the vet says that I won't be doing "field trials," I will have a very full life and will be able to jump and run and play like any other dog. I really don't care if I don't win any blue ribbons in dog shows. I hear Westminster is way overrated anyway.

So to "toot my own horn" a bit - I am about 25 pounds now and like most labs, love to eat. But I have good manners. I sleep through the night and let people know when I have to go the bathroom. Although I am pretty mellow as far as labs go, the biggest challenge for me will be staying calm for the next few weeks while I recover and let the bones heel. I mean seriously - my first snow and I'm not allowed to run around? But I'm sure there will be another snowfall when I am allowed to run. I have a beautiful black coat that is shiny even though I could use a bath (got to wait for those stitches to come out). I love to cuddle and get really excited when I see my people. Well the truth is I get pretty excited when I see any people and dogs too.

I'm feeling pretty good. I have a little pain but not too bad. My bandages come off on Tuesday and the stitches will be out in about a week. I start physical therapy on Tuesday too. It doesn't sound too scary and I can do it right in my foster's home. She doesn't have any special training and just has to flex my arms and ankles a bit. It is basically just to loosen me up after having my two front legs held in the same position for the last two weeks. I hear there will be treats involved in the process so I am fully on board with that one!

Well I'm going to go back to relaxing by the fire. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hi. Maybe I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment