Please consider donating to our Critical Care fund so we can continue to help each and every Lucky Dog that Comes our way!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanks from Octavia

I've borrowed my foster family's computer so that I could thank everyone. If you were here I would cover you all in the kisses that we puppies are known for. After my visit to Southpaws yesterday (which is a great place by the way - the nicest people), I realized how lucky I really am. When I was originally rescued (paws up to Steph!) with my siblings, we were so happy - we had nothing to worry about. We were with our amazing foster family in South Carolina. Kristin and Brian took such good care of us and even took us to work with them. They say I am well socialized, whatever that means, but I know I love everyone I meet. Not to brag but I think that I was their favorite.





As I got bigger, I noticed my elbows starting to look kind of funny - different than my siblings who all got adopted. They don't hurt or slow me down but the doctor said I need surgery to fix the problem. He said I am going to be in casts on both of my front legs and will have to have a second surgery to take some pins out. From what I was able to hear from my new foster family (they were whispering), not all dogs are lucky enough to have the surgery. I'm not sure what happens to those dogs but from the look on my foster mom's face, it can't be good. Apparently the surgery is pretty expensive. I don't know why we can't just give the doc a bone or a tennis ball. Both make me so happy my whole body wags.





So it turns out I am a VERY lucky dog. With the help of people like you, Lucky Dog has committed to getting me the help I need so I can live a long, pain-free, life. Afterall, I am only 13 weeks old. I have many squirrels to chase, bones to bury and kisses to give. Oh - and as much as I love my foster family - I am looking for my forever home. So anyway, thanks again for helping me get my surgery! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Love, Octavia

No comments:

Post a Comment