Please consider donating to our Critical Care fund so we can continue to help each and every Lucky Dog that Comes our way!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Settling In



So my first night was a not a fun one. I was up all night trying to find a comfy position in which to sleep. Normally I can sleep in a puppy pile in the weirdest positions but these contraptions they have on my legs (and it goes across my back too) keep getting in the way. I finally found out that using my foster sister Belle (who, we found out, also came from Florence, SC) as a pillow is great. Sometimes I have to remind her not to lay ON me but for the most part it works out. I can be scrappy when I want to. My foster family was already familiar with my desire to sleep in bed with them so I am hopeful that they let me do that tonight. I sleep much better that way. They say they are breaking all of their rules for me, but honestly, I am pretty darn cute so who can blame them? I FINALLY figured out how to go to the bathroom. I know everybody thinks that puppies will go everywhere but I have better manners than most puppies and prefer to go outside. Now that I am able to stand (sort of), I can do a little bobbling and get my business done. TMI? Sorry. One thing I miss is sleeping on my back. The one time I tried my foster family said I looked like the dog from "Something About Mary." Well because of the hard metal thing across my back I couldn't lay on my back so that's out for now. I've gotten so much better in the last 24 hours. I know how to get up to a sitting/standing position and can even hobble a little bit. I've started to cut back on the pain meds (although I still ask for those yummy little beef pockets that they come in) and take my antibiotics like a good pup. Heck, who am I kidding, if they put nails in one of those beef pockets I'd eat it. That's it for now. More later. Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment